EmPowered Schools 2022-2023
Apply to be an EmPowered School! The Empowered Schools program provides free support and resources to educate PK-12 students in saving energy and money in their schools and homes.
Public Service Electric & Gas (PSE&G), New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), South Jersey Gas (SJG), and Elizabethtown Gas (ETG) fund the program for schools within the service territories.
Information Session, Wednesday, June 1, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Join us online to:
- Learn how EmPowered Schools can help you meet New Jersey Student Learning Standards and the new Climate Change Education standards
- Explore the program’s structure and topics
- See a walkthrough of the EmPowered online learning platform
- Try out an EmPowered Schools activity about reducing your own carbon footprint
- Hear from a teacher who has taken part in the program about their experience
- Ask questions and have the opportunity to sign up!
Spots are limited so submit your application as soon as possible!
Schools that are registered with Sustainable Jersey for Schools and that are in the NJNG, SJG or ETG service area, or that receive both electricity and gas from PSE&G are eligible to participate in the EmPowered Schools program. The program directly engages students for the duration of the school year, integrating Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) principles to promote energy literacy through lesson plans, hands-on activities, and competitions. Students will use the school building and their homes as learning labs to solve real-world problems and generate cultural change by making energy efficiency visible, important, and doable.
The EmPowered activities can be used to earn points toward Sustainable Jersey for Schools certification.
EmPowered Schools Activities Can Help Your School Earn Certification Points with these Actions:
BOARD LEADERSHIP & PLANNING
Other Actions Related to Participation in EmPowered Schools:
- Education for Sustainability Pre-Kindergarten
- Education for Sustainability Kindergarten
- Education for Sustainability 1st Grade
- Education for Sustainability 2nd Grade
- Education for Sustainability 3rd Grade
- Education for Sustainability 4-12 CTE
- Education for Sustainability 4-12 Technology
- Education for Sustainability 4-12 Health
- Education for Sustainability 4-12 Arts
- Education for Sustainability 4-12 Social Studies
- Education for Sustainability 4-12 ELA
- Education for Sustainability 4-12 Math
- Education for Sustainability 4-12 Science
Questions about EmPowered Schools and applications should be directed to Audrey Christopher at email@example.com
For questions about Sustainable Jersey for Schools and how to register, please contact Véronique Lambert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This EmPowered Schools opportunity is funded by