Digital Schools Program Webinars
Sustainable Jersey for Schools presented a series of webinars from August 2020 to February 2021 to introduce the new Digital Schools Program.
Digital Schools Deep Dive: Integrating Digital Learning into Existing Actions
February 5, 2021
Explore the new enhancements to the actions in the Student Learning and School Culture & Climate categories that allow for credit towards the new Sustainable Jersey for Schools Digital Schools Star Recognition.
Guest presenters are:
- Dr. Patricia Heindel, Co-Director, School Culture & Climate Initiative; Dean, School of Professional Studies; and Director, Center for Human and Social Development at Saint Elizabeth University
- Elizabeth Warner, Co-Founder and Co-Director, School Culture & Climate Initiative at Saint Elizabeth University; President, SEL4NJ
- Elissa Malespina, Librarian, Verona High School
Digital Schools Deep Dive: Digital Technology Access
January 26, 2021
Explore actions in the new Digital Technology Access category:
- Data Safety & Security Policy
- Digital Device Life Cycle Management
- Support for Digital Teaching & Learning.
Guest Presenters are Edward Ward, Supervisor of Instructional Technology, Franklin Township Public Schools and Christopher Cox, Director, Office of STEM, New Jersey Department of Education.
Digital Schools Deep Dive: Digital Learning Practices
January 19, 2021
Explore actions in the new Digital Learning Practices category:
- Authentic Application of Digital Learning Tools and Content
- Digital Citizenship
- Personalized Learning and Growing Independent Learners
- Professional Growth and Collaboration
Guest presenter is Dr. Marc Natanagara, Authentic Learning, LLC.
Digital Schools Deep Dive: Digital Learning Leadership
January 12, 2021
Explore actions in the new Digital Learning Leadership category:
- Community Engagement
- District Commitment to Digital Learning
- District Professional Development Plan
- Equitable Access to Digital Learning
Guest presenters are from Howell Township Public Schools (Joseph Isola, Superintendent of Schools; Claire Engel, Director of Digital Learning & Innovation; and Jane Losinger, Supervisor of Language Arts Literacy) and New Jersey School Boards Association (Patrice Maillet, Business Development Director).
Sustainable Jersey Digital Schools Program Update
Learn how schools can participate in this new program. The webinar reviews the new Sustainable Jersey for Schools actions that encompass the content from the former Future Ready Schools-NJ (FRS-NJ) program and discusses the Digital Schools recognition process for Sustainable Jersey certified schools, FRS-NJ certified schools, and any New Jersey public school.
FRS-NJ Transition to Sustainable Jersey for Schools
This webinar orients Future Ready Schools-NJ participants to the Sustainable Jersey for Schools program. It reviews how to register, the program structure, application process, resources, and the timeline for applying for certification in 2021.